Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Speaking of Karen!



Speaking of Karen, my daughter-in-law (in pink) . . . . yes, I was just speaking of her in yesterdays Not Me's.


What a gal!


If I had a daughter, I think I'd be really proud if she turned out just like Karen! Here's just a few reasons I love her . . . .



  1. She's smart - smart enough to keep just one step ahead of JB and the kids!
  2. She has a wicked sense of humor! And a quick wit! She can get ya with a comeback so fast you don't even know you've been hit!
  3. The house always looks great! She has that touch - I think it came from her Grandmother - with little effort and lots of energy she can make a room warm and inviting!
  4. She loves Larry!
  5. I love her taste in clothes - something I have no talent with at all!
  6. She's a terrific mother and a great mommy! That's hard to do. Both Pickle and MH have perfect manners - and use them almost always!
  7. JB loves her more than she'll ever know.
  8. I love her more than she'll ever know.
  9. She has brought religion into JB's life - which I neglected when he was a child.
  10. My grandchildren are being raised in the Church!
  11. She's a good sport. Will give almost anything a try . . . . unless it really, really looks dangerous!
  12. Little by little she is getting used to seeing things like JB and Pickle up on the roof of the shed. That didn't cause a full blown heart attack - only a mild case of the 'vapors'!
  13. When she knows someone is really in trouble, she will give up something she has been saving for - and help them out.
  14. She's a really great present picker-outer!
  15. She is beautiful - has that glow!
  16. She has that soft, swingy 'rich girl' hair that I would have killed for in my youth!


All that - and she's a great cook, too!


I could go on for hours - but I won't. These are just some things I don't think I've ever told her. And she knows me well. I could never say these things without crying like a baby. Yep, I'm the emotional one in the family!


Karen, when I say I have perfect grand kids - I MEAN IT. When I say I love you - I MEAN IT. When I say you and JB are great together - I MEAN IT.


Have a wonderful week - I miss you guys - give each other a hug for me!


The Other Momma

And the celebrations for today:

Cheese Day - Not just in Wisconsin, but throughout the country - make sure you chow down on some cheese today
Inauguration Day - It's a new year, new president and hopefully a completely new attitude. I know we all hope this will be a turning point toward better times!
National Buttercrunch Day - Oh, boy - something fattening with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to start my day, I am so glad that I checked your blog so early this morning, there will certianly be a spring in my step today. Thank you and we miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!