Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pets, Pets, Pests?

I do LOVE pets. We currently have the two rat terriers and one adorable sugar glider. Everyone thinks that's quite enough. Everyone except ME! I read the classified ads every day to see what new critters are available 'round here.

Before we went to the grocery store today, we stopped in at the pet shop to see what's new and to pick up some pig ears for the hounds and fruit for Niblet.

I spent about 30 minutes wandering around looking at all the cute doggie clothes, clowning around with the ferrets and hugging the hamsters! I tickled bunnie ears and talked with lots of birds - I just wanted to tell them to pack up a pair of each of them for me to take home!

Then they really did it! Here comes the SPCA with puppies and kitties! Oh, no! Not puppies! And kitties! Even the ugliest of them are just sooooo danged cute! I could have hugged, petted and cuddled those little guys all afternoon!

One of these days I'm gonna get one of those little, tiny puppies that weighs 3 pounds full grown. She will have tons of silly shirts and hats to wear, too! And I want one of those 'munchkin' kittens. They have little bitty short legs - and are a little more compact than standard kitties. They call 'em "rug huggers"! Maybe I'll get one of those hairless ones, too! They always look so regal. Kind of like all the rest of us are here on earth for no other reason except to serve them!

Then we get home and Dixie and Rascal get all put out 'cause they smell all the puppy and kitten kisses! They moped around like they had lost their only friend on earth - - until I took a shower and changed clothes. Wow, what a difference. Now I'm their best friend again and they have decided it's okay to sit on the couch with me and pretend I'm one of the pack!

Before the shower I reached in Niblet's cage - he leaped onto my arm, ran up to my shoulder and starter searching . . . . 'where's my worm' . . . 'where's my pecan' . . . 'how about a walnut' . . . so I gave him a worm, he clicked his approval, ate the worm and jumped back into his cage and immediately went back to sleep!

Maybe I'll wait a little while before I bring home another pet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!