Sunday, January 11, 2009

HAVE YOU MAILED YOUR THANK YOU NOTES?

Today is:

International Thank You Day - Have you used all of your calligraphy skills and hand-written those socially required thank you notes for all the lovely Christmas presents you received? No? I guess these days it would be an email or text message!

Milk Day - Milk delivered in bottles for the first time in 1878 - Yep, delivered! Most people had an insulated metal box on the front porch. You leave an order form and $$$ (check or cash), the milk man would come up early in the morning, take the money, leave the milk, cream, eggs etc. Nobody ever thought about someone stealing either the money or the products!

Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend's Day - Can't do that here today. We're having another drought! I guess I could stomp on the ground and stir up a little dust to get their flip-flop clad tootsies dirty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!