Saturday, January 10, 2009

Getting Old - - More Celebrations!

You know you're getting old when the highlight of your day is your appointment with the doctor! Hubby has higher blood pressure - I've lost 6 more pounds! Both of us still need to work on cholesterol (good and bad), I have a new pain pill and she added another pill for my anxiety attacks!



Getting old ain't for sissies!


Looks like the new pain pill is a winner! Made it all the way through the grocery store without being dizzy or groggy - and the pain is still at a minimum! Sure hope this keeps up!

On a much lighter note - - Just before the sun came up this morning I took our rat terriers out (they love to wake us up for EARLY walks). I opened the front door and they both took off like a streak! Even Dixie, the fat one!

There it was! The killer, attack neighborhood armadillo! I'm sure the dogs thought it had come here to kill us all! They barked, ran in circles, growled and generally acted as vicious as they could. Through all this doggie panic, the armadillo very patiently just meandered on through the yard to the fence, dug a small dent and went under into the next yard.

As soon as the deadly threat was gone, the dogs came to me with tongues hanging out acting like they had just saved the world! Yep, they were tuckered out and ready to get back to sleep!

Hmmmm - what can we celebrate on January 10?

10- Jeep Grand Cherokee Birthday (1992) - I guess I better get going on the cake for my Jeep's birthday party!

10- Peculiar People Day - What a great thing to celebrate. But - some of the peculiar people I know would actually be shocked to think that I find them to be peculiar! I wonder if others people think I'm peculiar? I've always considered myself to be a little eccentric - to which my Mom always stated that you had to be rich to be eccentric!

10- Where's the Beef Day (Anniversary of the first time Wendy's Restaurant's commercial aired in 1984 with Clara Peller asking "Where's The Beef?") - What a cute little old lady she was! We actually looked forward to her commercials!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!