Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday! More Odd Reasons to Celebrate!

(Just pretend that the date above says Monday, January 5, 2009!)

Yes, another adventure into the world of denial! All those things that you would never, ever admit to anyone face-to-face - but are perfectly willing to publish for all the world to see on your blog! Thanks to MckMama at mycharmingkids.net for providing us with this outlet.




I did not, nor would I ever, give my rat terrier, Dixie, doggie valium just because she was frightened by all the fireworks on New Year's Eve. I think the neighbors on the next street over hired professionals this year! Starting about 9:15 you would hear a loud "whump", a few seconds later the explosions would shake the windows and light up the entire area! They kept this up for just over THREE HOURS!!




And I certainly didn't spend part of that same New Year's Eve on the bathroom floor . . . . . trying to coax that same Dixie Dog out from under the toilet where she was vibrating in fear!




At great risk to my personal health I didn't choke down enough black-eyed peas to cover my luck for 2009. And I did NOT mix them with a healthy portion of rice and a very UNhealthy portion of real butter!




Finally - I am not spending endless hours doing laundry because someone around here didn't do any at all last week! And I didn't feel sooooo ambitious this morning that I decided I would do ALL the people blankets, doggie blankets and change the sheets today, too!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


And - here are our excuses to celebrate today!


5- Bozo the Clown's Birthday (1959) - A childhood icon for us old folks!

5- National Bird Day - Be sure to cover your car!

5- Hamburger Birthday (1889) - We'd all starve to death without this!

5- National Bean Day - and this!

5- National Whipped Cream Day - Yummmmmmy!

5- Mr. Ed's Birthday (TV Show 1961) - A horse is a horse, of course of course . . .

5- FM Radio Birthday (1940) - Wasn't is always there?

3 comments:

  1. I didn't have a dog behind the toilet on New Year's Eve but I was bouncing back and forth between my kids' bedrooms for most of the night. I swear the neighbors were shooting off fireworks right in my backyard! Why can't they wait until midnight and just do 1 quiet one? Hey, why not just sparklers? :) I like fireworks as much as the next person but my enjoyment of them is lessened by the fact that I will have at least one small child crying within minutes of them starting! Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dogs and I are not fans of the New Years fireworks....the kids didn't even notice them. Just remember that butter allows you to get all possible nutrition from the veggie....really, I read this somewhere. And I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your list and love your blog title!! AND, National Whipped Cream Day!?? Now that's an excuse to have an ice cream sunday for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!