Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fun Morning With A Vampire!

(This entry is for Wednesday, January 7, 2009)

Hubby and I went to the hospital clinic Tuesday morning to have blood drawn for our regular check-ups - which are on Friday. Normally this process takes about 30 minutes at the most.

I knew there was gonna be a problem as soon as we walked in. "What are you doing here?", comes from my right. From my left comes, "Hey, I haven't seen you in ages!" The first being from a fellow employee, the second from a neighbor who we rarely see. There were only about a zillion people waiting for pretty much the same thing!

Long story short - 2 1/2 hours later we're done. Hubby's vein was found first try, zippo - he's done! Me? I'm the one scared to death of needles. I'm the one on the verge of panic. I'm the one they had to stab FIVE times before they got it right! And I think they used a pick-ax instead of a little needle - I wouldn't know, my eyes were closed!

Sheesh, why me?



More fun things to celebrate!


7- Flash Gordon's Birthday (1934) - I'm too young to remember these in the movies - but I've seen tons of them as TV re-runs!


7- Buck Rogers's Birthday (1929) - Saw this hero on TV re-runs, too! The acting on both of these was really awful - but really entertaining after a couple of drinks!

7- Old Rock Day - I think this is actually for fossils, but I think diamonds are really GREAT old rocks!


7- I'm Not Going to Take it Anymore Day - I think the actual quote is, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" . . . another great movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!