Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Saga Continues - Cake Bites 2 / Poor, Sweet Little Old Lady ZERO

I really tried to let bygones be bygones. Just totally let go of yesterday. Forgive those bullying Cake Bites and give them another chance.

After all, it's a new day. The sun is shining. And I just happen to know where they sell Chocolate. Yeah, it wasn't really the Cake Bites that were the enemy. It was that mean old Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate. That's who had it out for me yesterday!

I'm sorry Cake Bites. Let's just pretend that our little chocolate miss-adventure never happened yesterday!

I went to the store and got Hershey's Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. How could anyone go wrong with Hershey's. Hershey's loves everyone. Hershey's will do anything you ask! Hooray, all my cake bite worries are over. or not!

My neighbor, Patti (who could make bricks with peat moss taste good) tells me that you shouldn't keep chocolate warming too long. It can get a little clumpy. Oh, great - NOW she tells me . . . . after the first 1/2 zillion cake bites turn out almost pretty good and the second 1/2 zillion look much, much more than a little clumpy.

And don't you DARE even ask me about why I didn't fancy them up with a beautiful little drizzle of chocolate as a finishing touch!

By the time I was finished I was ready to do my finishing touch with the heavy end of a meat mallet!

2 comments:

  1. I once tried this recipe from Gourmet mag where you could make these chocolate bowls by dipping a small inflated balloon into the chocolate, letting it dry and then peel off the balloon and voila! I had a giant mess and I think I cried at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, cake bites! I bet I could eat a few or a hundred. You are making me hungry for homemade cookies. I think I will wrangle mom into helping me make some chocolate chip. Have an awesome day down south!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!