Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Looking for a New House?

This is the Coral Castle near Homestead, FL. I've been to this one and it certainly qualifies as strange. This little guy is supposed to have built it by himself out of HUGE blocks of coral without the aid of any modern machines, cranes, etc. His precision and balance are simply amazing.





I'm not too sure what the main idea with this one is. Probably wide open spaces. I would imagine that the owners are not the least bit afraid of heights. It would also be interesting to see just how you get into it and out! Maybe you could just parachute down . . . but that looks like a pretty rough climb to make carrying groceries!








I really like that this one at least has a visible front door - with a chimney for an awning! The angle of the windows would be pretty interesting from inside, but would probably be a decorators nightmare! How do you design window treatments for that?






Okay, Dub and I are really, really fishing addicts! If there is water, we are likely to try to pull a fish out of it. Fly fishing, spin casting, surf fishing, deep sea fishing - sheesh, I've been seen with a rod and reel in my front yard (okay, I was just practicing my casting) - but even I will draw the line at living inside a fish!






I have seen this house (or one exactly like it) near Knoxville, TN. It really does look remarkably like a recently landed flying saucer. The entrance is a set of stairs that drops down from the belly. I didn't get to go in - but it looks almost livable from outside. I imagine that hurricanes, bad wind storms, etc. would be no problem for this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!