Friday, March 6, 2009

Grocery Cart Rage!

I got in trouble at the grocery store last week! I thought I was being nice. No, I'm sure I was being nice. BUT - the wicked witch behind me saw it differently! Here's the story!

I got in line to check out with my cart pretty well full. The wicked witch immediately lined up behind me - already complaining loudly about the long lines and the slow service. We hadn't even been in line two minutes and she's complaining?!

Up walks pleasant little old lady asking if she can please squeeze in to reach her National Enquirer. Of course I inched back a little - and asked wicked witch if she could move her cart back a little, too. She stated, "I'm not backing up for nuthin'!"

As I edged my cart sideways, giving little old lady full access to all the periodicals, I asked her if the bread, milk and paper was all she was getting. "Yes," she replied.

I just couldn't help myself. Before I knew what was happening, out of my mouth came, "Go ahead of me!" It was part just to spite wicked witch and part being kind to little old lady.

As little old lady thanked me and took her place in line, I felt a cart impact my ample rear none too gently. I turned, smiled, pulled my phone from my pocket and said, "One more time will get you a trip to jail for assault - I can feel the lasting effects of whiplash now."

As I was walking to my car and loading up my groceries I wondered what wicked witch would have thought if she knew I have a concealed weapon permit - and had a loaded .22 pistol in my purse when she rammed me with her cart! Good thing I don't have grocery cart rage!

Those of you who are anti-gun .. .. don't worry! During that entire situation having a gun in my purse never once crossed my mind. Yes, calling the police did, calling store security did - but I honestly did not think of that gun. I'll write more about my gun this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!