Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bunny, the MG and me

About a million years ago, at MP High School I had a friend named C, but everybody called her Bunny. Her dad spoiled her rotten - as did all of our dads. We were part of a bunch of kids who all hung out together and pretty much never got into trouble for much of anything. Some of us made pretty good grades - most of us were average. We were all on speaking terms with the "in crowd" but not in the "in crowd".



Anyhoo - when Bunny turned 16, her loving daddy gave her a car. Not just any car. An MG. And not just any MG. A PINK MG - which spent almost it's entire life with her without its top! Her long, blond hair flying everywhere and more than likely I would be in the passenger seat applying the imaginary brake pedal on a regular basis!



We would dig around in the floorboard, the glove box, the bottom of our purses and anywhere else we could and come up with enough coins to fill that PINK MG up and go cruising any time we could get away.



When I think back to those days, I am so thankful that I grew up during that era. Our parents weren't afraid to let us just go wandering around town for hours on end. They knew our friends and our friends parents - and they knew us.



We knew what the limits were. I don't remember Bunny and I ever discussing what the boundaries were. We just knew where we should and shouldn't go - who we should and shouldn't be with. I don't think we ever were given a curfew.



Oh My Gosh!! I was one of those! NO - not that - not a "good girl"! Hey, Bunny, leave me a comment - I lost ya when you moved to The Island! TeeHee - you're a "good girl", too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!