Tuesday, December 23, 2008

When did we lose control?

When did we lose control? No - this isn’t a political complaint. I’m talking television commercials here - something of REAL importance!

I just saw a young, preppy cow asking for my vote for her as the happiest California cow! Followed immediately by ShamWow! Here’s Progressive.com selling Santa insurance for his "vehicles" - with his St. Bernard (complete with antlers) at his side. And we could all stand listening to just one more chorus of "Free Credit Report Dot Com"!

The preppy cow is, like, just sooooo cute! It makes me want to call whoever is in charge of all the happy cow commercials and beg them to let her star in ALL of there ads for ever and ever! And I don’t know about you but ShamWow! is one those products that I just can’t possibly ever live without. Only $19.95, and if I call "right now" they’re going to DOUBLE my order! Finally we have Progressive.com. We all know the lovely sales lady who gives such great personal service at the insurance store. Well, there she is, helping Santa select just the perfect insurance for his er, um "vehicles"! She’s just so sweet - even asking if those antlers are real! Those poor guys trying to be a band by doing the freecreditreport.com thing really need some help. Are we allowed to send them donations?

Yep, those are some pretty good ads, all facts considered - it beats the heck out of all those others out there for all those ‘personal dysfunction’ problems. And how many more times will we have to watch Mucinex eliminate mucus?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!