Friday, February 6, 2009

Now I've Done It!!


Yep, I've done it now. It's all over. Can't be un-done. Can't be taken back.


I QUIT MY JOB!!


I am now officially retired.


I just didn't do it in exactly the traditional way.


In early April I'll be 62 and qualify for early retirement according to Social Security. I applied for Disability several months ago - because of COPD, arthritis, anxiety and miscellaneous other ailments. However, the COPD and working in an auto repair shop just don't mix well. The more exposure, the worse it got -- -- and did I mention the alcohol burning drag cars? Much as I LOVE those race cars, the fumes about took me out! So even if I can't get the disability, I'll at least get my regular retirement benefits!


But dang! Where's my gold watch? Where's my ticket for the 6 week trip to the tropics? Where's that fabulous retirement community I'm supposed to be living in?


Okay, the reality is that I stayed in my jammies all day Thursday and enjoyed every minute of it and this morning I went out and weeded a flower bed that was desperately in need of help. It's 2pm and I have the rest of the day to pamper myself with a little R&R and try to get my health back where it needs to be!


All I can say is - - - - Yikes! I'm retired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!