Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Jail? For a Candle?

Well, I hitched up the mules this morning and headed for the big city. Had to go by the hardware store, the bank, the feed store and .. .. .. .. who am I kidding! ! !

Actually, I got into my gas guzzling Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (with leather seats) and cruised south a few miles to Home Depot to pick up some Kingsford and some fertilizer. Then hit the ATM for a cash refill. Stopped in at the pet shop for goodies for the ratters and the sugar glider. Finally made it to the grocery store - $78 for groceries to feed two people for about a week! Sheesh!

On the way back home, I noticed a sign saying that a store I like was having a moving sale! DETOUR!! I knew that those frozen goods in the back of the Jeep could stand the 82 degree heat for a few minutes while I just ran in a took a quick look.

They had Yankee Candles 50% off - with another 10% off if you paid cash . . . I now know why I hit that ATM earlier.

They were really, really crowded - and there were two grown women arguing very loudly over who grabbed a candle first! There were about 15 of us who just stepped back and watched as they kept yelling and pulling on one candle. An employee tried to settle the problem to no avail and stood right beside them and called the police! Yep, they were still screaming when two cops walked in a few minutes later. Each cop took hold of a woman, the employee grabbed the candle and all the fun was over, just that quick! It was one of those yummy Christmas Cookie candles that they were fighting over. But - guess what - another shopper pointed out to us all that there were about 6 or 7 more of them right in the bin! I don't think I'll ever understand people!

By the way - I did get myself 4 candles - and the groceries made it through the ordeal just fine. And, the store employee said that they were going to press charges - disturbing the peace - against the two fighters .. .. .. the cops actually took them to jail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!