Thursday, April 9, 2009

$3,200 LCD 61" Super Gizmo Rob Ya Blind Television of Tomorrow!


Please tell me that this is NOT something that you would do to your poor, innocent little dog! I would never do such things to Dixie or Rascal. I draw the line at Santa hats and reindeer antlers! Okay, maybe I did, one time, put pajamas on Dixie when she was really, really small; but, only ONCE or maybe six times!

Look at this storage idea! Turn your staircase into stacked drawers! I think maybe you would have to do this when you were building the stairs.


I can't imagine trying to do this as a re-fit. . . . hubby would have to be pretty talented in the handyman department to make this work, if ya ask me.

Dub and I went to buy a new TV today. Geez! I was totally unaware that I needed a complete electronics education before walking into any store to even browse! I had looked around the interweb a little - very little.

I thought it couldn't be that danged hard. Our old one is 32" - we wanted one a little bigger . . . and flatter would be nice. That's it. Our first salesman looked at us with pity and greed in his eye as he started showing us the $3,200 LCD 61" Super Gizmo Rob Ya Blind Television of Tomorrow! No, thanks - we're just looking.

I found a salesman I liked much better, told him I wanted something UNDER $1,000, at least 32" - what do ya have! He showed us a pretty good selection; then left us alone to look them over and make up our minds. (Dub isn't going to a bunch of stores shopping around - a tv is a tv - pick one.)

We pick out the tv - I leave Dub and Mr. Salesman to settle the money and I go wandering. When I come back and we start out the door, innocent little me says, "So, what time will they deliver it tomorrow?"

"Some time on the 23rd." Replied Dub.

I'm not so sure I want to repeat exactly what I said in response to that - something like, "What, dear?" Only not quite so calm. Or not so polite. Or not so sweet!

I guess the one we picked out is so popular that it won't be in until then.

Until April 23rd, we will be saddled with dealing with the old tv. The one we are replacing. The one that turns itself off at random times throughout the day and evening. The one that can then only be turned back on by pulling the plug and plugging it back in. EVERY FRIGGING TIME!! Sometimes it does this every five minutes! Sometimes it only does it once an hour.

Toshiba does not care. They will not respond to my emails. My NEW tv is NOT a Toshiba.


2 comments:

  1. I know, it's so complicated with all the new technologies, we just got a Playstation3 so that we could play games AND watch Blu-Ray High Definition DVDs! When I was a kid the only tech stuff I remember was Hi-Fi on our record player! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll toast you and your new TV on the 23rd!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!