Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Miscellaneous Whatevers



What with today being my birthday - AND National No Housework Day, I've pretty much been just hanging out. Yesterday it was warm here. Today, we're freezing - well, it was 61 - but for US that's freezing. I read a lot of blogs. I baked my birthday cake. I watched tv. I talked to 4 wonderful grand children. I talked to a son, two almost daughters and an almost son. My husband cooked one of my favorite dinners. All is right with the world!



It's almost Easter. I want the Easter Bunny to bring me a baby bunny, a tiny, little bitty puppy that will stay tiny and little bitty and a 20 pound chocolate rabbit!




I found a blog today about idiots in parking lots. Laughed my butt off! The only reason I laughed sooooo hard is because it was too darned true!



Remember the Segway? That electric scooter for adults with the gyro deal in it so you don't have to worry about balancing? The one that you can't use at any Disney parks! The one I've never seen being used anywhere in public? But maybe you have if you live somewhere larger than say 5,000 people! Anywhooo - They are now building a 2-seater version! A 35mph 2-seater version! Wonder how much that baby will set ya back!






Speaking of electric vehicles - - - I saw a high performance motorcycle on tv today. Electric! Has a 150 mile range on each charge - goes 60mph - and actually looks like a motorcycle! It's called a Zero something-or-other.


Our 'investment counselor' called today. She was playing her role as Susie Sunshine today. Our account is up 2% so far for April! Um - yeah, it's only the 7th - and we're only DOWN 48% from where we were 28 months ago! I guess she thinks we're livin' the high life on that 2%!



Tomorrow is gonna be really exciting! We're going to cruise around Melbourne (Florida) until we find the Snap-On Tool guy and get a warranty replacement on some tools. Then we're going to Incredible Pets! An independent pet shop that deals mostly in exotics. I got my first sugar glider from them. They specialize in reptiles (turtles and lizards and snakes, oh my) and birds - - but also have a lot of fish and usually a few fuzzies, too! I like to go and just look. A lot of the critters have big signs on the cages warning that you must have special licenses from the state before you can purchase them. I like the Marmoset Monkeys the best. They have a pair - not for sale - they are both really calm. They're in a huge enclosure and hang together like an old married couple. They hold hands, groom each other, play tag - sometimes they come up to the glass and look at you - and you just want to reach in and introduce yourself and start a conversation. They look so much more intelligent than so many of the people you run into on the street these days!


1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Mmmm...cake! I so want one of those segway double seaters!!! too hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!