Monday, April 20, 2009

Rabbit Ears


So, they told us that February was the deadline. Get a converter box by then or you may never see television again!
Now they keep scrolling constantly across our televisions that the switch over will be in June.
All of us older folks said years ago - when cable first came about - that some day they would find a way to make us all pay for television programming. Of course, we didn't expect to see it until at least the year 2005! Oh - wait - it's 2009 already! It's coming - everyone will have pay TV!
And radio!! First we thought nothing would ever touch our old friend AM radio. It's just too 'with it', too 'cool' for anyone to mess with. Let 'em screw around with FM, all they have is classical music and those talk shows. Nobody cares about FM. No sooner do we get soooooo comfortable with our friend AM - and zap - all the good stuff moves to FM! Okay, I can live with that. I know how to make my radio tune in an FM station. This works for me just fine! We old folks love stereo - we actually know how to tune stereo. We just don't do it when you young ones are looking!
Oh, no - they can't leave that alone, either. Now we're all going to have to buy XM or Serius radios - and subscribe to their monthly services as well! I'd be willing to bet the the old time AM and FM radio will be gone before you know it! Nothing left to do but plug into your MP3 - or buy into their new programs!
What do you think?
Or am I too late again???


2 comments:

  1. I know! So now I wonder, why is there still commercials? Weren't the sponsors supposed to be the ones to cover the cost of TV and radio?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it won't be too long until the collective "they" make us pay for everything.
    Heck I thought I was hip when I got a VCR with a remote control that wasn't plugged into it!
    (And that little cutie is my Maryland Niece-aint she the best!)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!