Saturday, November 29, 2008

IT'S TIME FOR MY SATURDAY SEVEN!



Here are my miscellaneous Saturday Seven! I've picked seven items from the news of the week and here are my thoughts on them.



1. I guess Mumbai would have to be first. What is the world coming to when Jewish Centers, Five Star Hotels, etc. are under seige - for endless hours - well over 100 innocent lives lost and no one has come forward and said what they intended to accomplish with all of this!?



2. On a much, much lighter note - There is a gentleman who owns a Christmas tree farm somewhere here in the States. For the past several years he has been giving free trees to Servicemen/women and their families. This year he has been fighting prostrate cancer - so the people he has been helping all these years are now taking turns helping him with his trees that he can no longer lift! They say it's only fair since he has given so much to them.



3. It looks like Black Friday was black in more than one way. In California two complete idiots shot and killed each other in the middle of a Toys R Us store! I can't imagine what could possibly prompt anyone to carry a gun into a toy store to start with - let alone have a shoot-out in the middle of their shopping trip!



4. And in New York the crowd was so out of control at a WalMart that they forced the doors - appears they came right off the hinges. Ended up trampling an employee to death. And then the shoppers actually got mad when they tried to close the store because of it! I am sometimes so ashamed of my fellow human beings!



5. My grandson, Pickle, made the Principal's Honor Roll - again! He's in middle school and has worked really hard to get those great grades!









            6. Granddaughter, MH, got good grades, too - and is doing really well with her cheer squad. They won a National Championship last year - and are shooting for it again!






            7. Greatest news of all! I got the Christmas decorations up - inside - outside - everything. So glad it got done before the weatherman's predicted rain hits us Sunday!

            No comments:

            Post a Comment

            I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!