Saturday, November 8, 2008

LIVE AND LET LIVE!

I have a neighbor who is about 66 years old. She's really very nice. A good neighbor who keeps her yard neat and helps anyone around here who needs her. BUT, she painted her house a few weeks ago - yes, she painted it herself - and did a beautiful job. The main part is a nice cream color and the trim is really, really BLUE ! Only not that pretty. It's actually not a very attractive color at all. Oh, well, I thought. It IS her house and she did do a great job.

However, several of our other neighbors are just about going nuts over this! Our area has no restrictions - that's why a lot of us live here - we don't want restrictions for ourselves. But all of a sudden some people are really trying to restrict HER. One guy called Code Enforcement. They came out and upset our sweet neighbor terribly, telling her that the others in the area were complaining.

Now I have changed my mind. . . . I LOVE her new paint job! It has spunk . . . it adds a little spice to the neighborhood. We're not talking about some swanky gated community here. This is just a little group of little houses - maybe a total of about 50 or 60 - none of them worth more than $100,000 if that - and her place looks better than the ones owned by some of the loudest complainers.

Live and let live, people. This in no way is going to hurt you. I am encouraging her to keep her shutters and trim just as blue as she likes - and have offered to help her paint next time!

Find something worthwhile to worry about.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I agree ~ there are plenty of worthwhile things that need doing and those whiners need to get busy doing them. She sounds like a fun neighbor! Thank you for standing with her.

    I got here from My Charming Kids, by the way. :~)

    Merry Christmas!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!