Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's almost Thanksgiving!!



Yep, I guess I'm just about as happy as this doggie! I know the economy is in a total mess. I know everyone is worried about jobs. I know we're all concerned about how we're going to pay for Christmas. The housing market stinks. I know a lot of us are worried about how the new president is going to handle things. I know that there are so very many things happening right now that could make this the worst year ever for all of us.

But, I choose to look at it from a different direction. I have four walls and a roof over my head. It's not a huge estate - but it IS a pretty decent home.

My children are grown, pretty happy and are all able to take care of themselves and their own families.

I have electricity 24/7! Not like some 3rd world countries where it's only on for a couple of hours a day.

The gas prices around here are down to only $1.73/gallon!!! I can afford to fill up my 2001 SUV without having to take out a loan!

I have a grocery store a few miles from home where there is always food on the shelves - and I can usually come up with enough money to buy enough food to feed my husband and myself - - and the rat terriers - - and the sugar glider!

We can drive from the Atlantic to the Pacific without once having to show and ID just because we want to cross a state border!

Yep, I'd say I'm pretty happy right where I am. Things could always be lots better of course - but I don't think they are so bad, are they?

On this day of thanks - let's all try to find all of those positive things in our lives and be as thankful as possible for these happy, happy things!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Awesome perspective.
    During these times, when everyone is telling us to be worried, we know that we have a LOT to be thankful for! God provides for all our needs.
    Thank you for your positive outlook!
    Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

    Hilary

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!