Monday, June 15, 2009

Not Me! Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
I'm taking a little liberty with my Not Me! Monday! today. I'm going to tell on other people. There is a theme to this. Let's call it "Who woke them up this morning?" Dub and I are retired - we love to sleep in - our family and friends know we love to sleep in. This is how our valiant efforts to sleep in were squashed last week!
Monday - The Yellow Book did NOT have their computer call us at 8:30am to make sure that we received our recent phone book delivery
Tuesday - No way that Dub's son "C" called us at 7:15 am just to say hi! At 7:15 dang am!???
Wednesday - L couldn't wait to call from Middleofnowhere, GA to tell us about the new baby bunnies. Oh, no - had to call at 8:30 and actually say, "Sorry to wake you guys up, but we've got SIX new bunnies!" Happy, happy, joy, joy!
Thursday - Mastercard did not call me at 9am just to see if I was a happy customer. We won't even discuss the fact that I had already told them twice that I wanted to be put on their 'do not call' list -- because I was becoming an unhappy customer -- because they kept calling me!
Friday - Because of a serious case of short term memory loss, Dub's son "C" forgot that he had already done his duty of awaking us EARLY Tuesday! No - I guess this was different - he really didn't call at 7:15am. He called about 8am. No - he couldn't have done that twice in one week!
Saturday - We actually shot ourselves in the foot! Set our alarm for 7am....just had to get up in time to rush out to the front yard and watch the shuttle launch! Got up, turned on the TV for the latest shuttle update - - AND IT DIDN'T LAUNCH!
Sunday - Dixie and Rascal detected a major disturbance in the neighborhood - and couldn't have started a bark-fest about 7:45am. Oh, no - they didn't fight to see who was gonna get out the door first . . . and as soon as they were both outside, they looked around - did what needed to be done and came back inside. They both immediately stretch out and went back to sleep. Dub and I however NEVER got back to sleep!
And how was your week??

3 comments:

  1. I could have sworn I've seen your links on MrLinky before but I guess this is my first time to stop by, after all. You've got me chuckling with this post AND the last one - I'll be sure to drop by again next week and see what you're up to. But not too early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!!! I love to sleep in, it's one of my luxuries, I guess it just wasn't in the cards for you last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did not shoot a 91 on Saturday and I did not say the F word at least 8 times today at the office.
    really.
    it wasn't me!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!