Saturday, August 1, 2009

CRISIS At Grammaw Central!




I just got a phone call from "The Pickle" - better known as my wonderful Grandson! (The blond shown here.)
The first words out of his mouth were, "I've got some bad news".
As a mother I was a worrier . . as a grandmother, I'm much, much worse because I'm over 300 miles away.
So, before asking what was wrong, my brain starts running through all the horrible things that could possibly be wrong. He's a really great kid, so I know he's not in any serious trouble. I just talked to my son two days ago, so it's something really recent. It's summer so it's can't be bad grades - he's an honor student, anyway! Okay, I eliminated the impossibles.
The possibles . . . His sister injured herself cheer leading. Nope, mom or dad would have called about that. He got a snake bite. He's a cross country runner - and he broke his leg! Or his foot! He was in the pool and his hair turned green! No, he sounded way too serious for that!


He broke his left arm! With 2 weeks of summer vacation left, he broke his arm!
So when you get your cast, Pickle, what's it gonna be? Nice, simple, red?

Kind of preppy - green with the blue stripes?




I guess it could be so much worse . . . what if they had to put a cast on your head???
Get well soon! ! ! Love, Grammaw & Grampaw

1 comment:

I love your comments - it's how I know I'm not talking to myself ALL the time!